Updates from us regarding Coronavirus
With the progression of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, Shine and Glow are doing everything we can help to reduce the spread of the virus and help our clients to keep their home safe. We wanted to update you on the actions we have been taking to support our customers and our people
Please note that in this current situation twice a week deep cleaning is advised to every household in the infected areas. If you wish to extend your regular cleaning time or book extra appointments, please call our office immediately.
You can find useful information in the following links:
How to prevent germs from spreading (NHS)
What are Shine and Glow doing?
- We have reviewed and enhanced our cleaning products.
- We implemented a new “3 phase action plan” to give the best and safest service as possible
- Staff are being reminded of the importance of maintaining good hand hygiene in line with advice from Public Health England.
- We change our stander cleaning time to make sure we provide a more thorough service as possible
3 Phase Cleaning action plan
Phase 1 from 18 of March
- Cleaners use a face mask and disposable gloves and disposable shoe cover when they are cleaning
- Cleaners make attention of to use more cleaning cloth on general cleaning
- Cleaners are using only antibacterial cleaning products and bleach for cleaning
Extra cost on cleaning: NONE
- All steps from phase one
- We provide disposable coverall for all properties we clean (please keep them in a safe place as the cleaners will use these items only in your home, so we left those on site, please look after this as very difficult to purchase them)
- Cleaners wearing safety glass as well
- Cleaners use Virucidal cleaning products and bleach
- General cleaning time is doubled as for more thorough cleaning
The extra cost of cleaning:
- £20 pounds one-off cost for extra Personal Protective Equipment cost
- £5/cleaning extra cost for virucidal cleaning products
- Double cleaning time for disinfection
Phase 3 (Coronavirus cleaning after isolation)
- Full antivirus cleaning for your home or your business please contact our office
We use now only antibacterial, biocidal and virucidal cleaning products depends on the phase of our cleaning action plan.
Antibacterial, biocidal products we use:
- Selden bathroom cleaner C044 – EN1276 certified, EU Detergent Directive 2005 – 2004/648/EC, EU Biocidal product Directive 98/8/EC
- Selden kitchen cleaner C003 – EN1276 certified, EU Detergent Directive 2005 – 2004/648/EC EU Biocidal product Directive 98/8/EC
- Selden Reosan H.D. E012 – EU Detergent Directive 2005 – 2004/648/EC EU Biocidal product Directive 98/8/EC
Virucidal Cleaning products we use:
- Selden Selgiene Extreme C500 – EN1276, EN14675, EN13704, EN14476 EN1650 Certified, ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
Kill the Norovirus, HIV, Hepatitis C and H1N1 Influenza viruses. Also certified to kill Clostridium difficile, MRSA and common food poisoning bacteria including Salmonella typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli.
- Selden Selginie Ultra C066 EN1276, EN14675, EN13704, EN14476-14475, EN1650 Certified, ISO 9001, 14001 & 18001
Kills Swine Flu, HIV, Hepatitis C, MRSA & Clostridium difficile, H1N1 Influenza viruses, Salmonella typhimurium, Listeria monocytogenes and Escherichia coli.
- Prochem Microsan D500 EN1276, EN13697, EN1650, EN14476
Bacteria: Bacillus cereus, Legionella pneumophila, Salmonella enteritidis, Staphylococcus aureus, Bacillus stearothermophilus, Leuconostoc mesenteroides, Salmonella infantis, Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), Brevibacterium ammonagenes, Listeria monocytogenes, Salmonella manhattan, Staphylococcus epidermidis, Chlamydia psittaci, Micrococcus lysodeiticus, Salmonella Newport, Streptococcus agalactiae, Cornebacterium diptheriae, Mycobacterium smegmatis, Salmonella panama, Streptococcus faecalis, Desulfovibrio desulfuricans, Mycobacterium tuberculosis, Salmonella paratyphi, Streptococcus faecalis (MRSF), Enterobacter aerogenes, Proteus mirabilis, Salmonella schottmuelleri, Streptococcus pyrogenes, Enterobacter cloacae, Proteus vulgaris, Salmonella typhi, Yersinia enterocolitica, Enterococcus faecium, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Salmonella typhimurium, Escherichia coli, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Serratia marcescens, Escherichia coli (MREC), Salmonella abortus equi, Shigella dysenteriae, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Salmonella choleraesuis, Shigella flexneri, Klebsiella pneumoniae (MRKP), Salmonella Dublin, Shigella sonnei
Viruses: Hepatitis B, HIV-1, Rubella Vaccinia, Herpes Simplex, Influenza A (H1N1), HBV, HCV, Filoviridae including Ebola, Paramyxoviridae including Measles, Coronaviridae family including MERS-CoV.